I find myself so overwhelmed with the day to day sometimes that when I actually sit down to create (when I make the time…which I must make more of as well), I’m totally blocked. Or even worse, totally indecisive.
Thankfully the web has become an incredible source for inspiration. A couple of clicks and I have a new idea or two. (The key is not to get too distracted of course.)
There are probably thousands of resources on the web about how to battle a creative block so I’m gonna go ahead an make a little list for you. Now you can skip the Googling and get to the creating.
Creative Block by ISO50: A really incredible article ISO50 asks 25
different artists how they combat creative block. This is a must read.
- The Creative Drive by Design Informer: A great post for designers (and other artists alike) on how to stay inventive and deal with creative “burn out”.
- Six Ideas for Breaking a Creative Block by Jennifer Farley: Six very simple ideas to get your creative blood flowing and some great ideas in the comments as well.
- 10 Tips to Avoid a Creative Block by Inspired Magazine: 10 great tips from Jacques van Heerden’s (freelance digital artist) point of view on how to avoid a dreaded block.
- Beat the Creative Block by NetMag: A long but well thought out article on what creative block is and how to combat it. Well worth the read.
- 10 Ways to Beat the Hell Out of Creative Block by Outlaw Design Blog: Danny Outlaw lays it out plain and simple with these easy ways to beat a block.
- How Do you Beat Creative Block on Fuel Your Creativity: This site brings up the question and you’ll find some great answers in the comments. Check it out and add your own.