Thanks to Neatorama, I found these amazing pumpkins. Another incredible project that leaves me wondering, “Why didn’t I think of that?” Lucky us, Hallmark Magazine has the instructions for creating this and 4 other unique pumpkins for your doorstep! They also provide visual instructions.
How-To Make the Carriage Pumpkin:
- 3 ornate metal belt buckles
- 1 pumpkin, about 12 inches tall
- Pencil or marker
- Craft glue
- 1 ornate lamp finial
- Cordless drill fitted with ¼-inch bit
- 4 gourds, about 4 inches tall
- 2 quarter-inch dowel rods, cut to the approximate diameter of your pumpkin
- 4 ornate drawer pulls
- Heavy-gauge florist’s wire
1. Trace the inside of each belt buckle on the pumpkin
with a pencil and cut to create openings for two windows and a door.
Glue the hardware over the openings. Remove or cut down the stem until
it’s even with the flesh of the pumpkin, and twist the finial into the
2. To create wheels, drill a hole through the center
of each gourd. Insert one dowel rod into the holes of two gourds to
create an axle, and secure with glue. Repeat to create a second set of
wheels. Finish off all four wheels by inserting a drawer pull into the
outside hole of each gourd for hubcaps.
3. Line up the two sets of wheels next to each other
at about the same width as your pumpkin. Then wrap wire from one dowel
rod to the other to fasten the axles together and to create a webbing
for the pumpkin carriage to sit on.
4. Gently place your carriage on the wire.
How’s that for some imagination?